Map Home
About
All the Bookstores
Main Website
Hello Again Books

Florida

411 Brevard Ave. Cocoa, FL 32922

Share a quote from a book or poem that bares your bookstore’s soul.

“What I say is, a town isn’t a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it’s got a bookstore, it knows it’s not foolin’ a soul.”

-Neil Gaiman

What are 3 adjectives you would use to describe your bookstore?

Welcoming, Charming, and Diverse

Why was your bookstore founded/what role does it play in the community?

Hello Again Books is an independent bookstore that embraces three core values: community, diversity, and creativity. We promote a sense of community through our store décor, literary content, gift items, and free events. The location of Hello Again Books also lends itself to the unique events and activities that are already part of historic Cocoa Village, drawing people from all over the county and state. We’re located in the middle of the Space Coast, which brings in tourists from all over the world. When you walk in—no matter where you’re from—we want you to feel welcome.

We strive to embrace the diversity within our community — we celebrate women, the LGBTQ+ community, and all racial and ethnic groups. We hope that we may serve as an inclusive and safe space for those who seek one. We believe that by embracing the creativity of a truly diverse community, we can contribute to making our corner of the world a more welcoming and friendly place! 

Which champion/warrior/wildcat (real or mythological) does your bookstore channel most?

It’s a tie between Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Princess Leia.

What makes your bookstore unique?

Hello Again Books is a new (about 20% of our inventory) and used (the other 80% of our inventory) independent bookstore in a small, historic, Florida town. You might say that we have a “blue state of mind” in a “red state.” We are woman-owned, lesbian-owned, and focused on honoring inclusivity and uniqueness. Our new book selection is curated to expand understanding and promote diversity, while our used book selection provides a variety of genres – all while looking like a new bookstore. We do this by being very selective about the used books we offer, sanitizing and cleaning our used books before they hit the shelves.

What is something that no one knows about your bookstore?

We have a monthly book club with books from all genres, but one of our members was trying to get a friend to read more. Knowing her friend’s interests, she asked to start a “smut” book club (think romance, but heavy on the steamy side!), and now it’s become as popular as our regular book club!

Image description: A multi-textured blue background, including textures and words from book pages.